How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Your Windows PC?
www.office.com/setup—————–Let’s talk about How To Remove Shortcut Virus from PC? At times while using pendrive or a memory card some of the files are replaced by a shortcut. There is a maz=ximum possibility that the pendrive has been compromised by a virus. Calm your breaths as none of your data is lost. All the files will be in the flash drive, but some will be hidden. The infested data can be easily recovered.
- Firstly, you need to insert the infected pen drive to the PC. If the files in the pen drive have been replaced with shortcuts it means that the data is still there, but it is hidden.
- After injecting the pen drive, make sure that you do not smear any shortcuts as it can spread the virus on your system.
- Now you need to find the drive name of the infected USB drive. The best method to get to view the drive name is by going to Computer.
- After that, launch the Command Prompt. With the Command Prompt, you will be able to rectify the virus
- Here is how you can launch the Command Prompt:
- For all windows Versions- Hit the Windows and R keys concurrently. Write the following text in the box: cmd.
- Wait for the Command Prompt to launch.
- Right-click on /Windows and snap on Command Prompt.( for windows 8/8.1/10)
- Doing so will make all the data evident by restricting read-only attribute, and it will also get rid of the shortcuts.
- The time taken for this way to finish will depend on the size of data confined in the pen drive or memory card.
- Go to the new folder which is existing in the pen drive or memory card. The new folder will have all the files which were earlier inaccessible.
- Just move the improved files to a secure location in the PC.
- Go to Computer and right-click on the drive.
- Click on Format.
- By formatting, all the data from the pen drive or memory card will be erased. Therefore, you need to transfer the data to another place.
- In the Format window, Snap on the box next to Quick Format below Format options and unselect it.
- snap on the Start button.
- Now the Quick format will start skimming and will remove the virus present in the drive.
- Wait for the formatting to end.